The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 60
“What training camp should I go to in Thailand?”
This is by far one of, if not THE most asked question Paul and I get from fans from all over the world. And guess what? We almost never have a good answer to give because it depends on such a wide variety of factors including your goals, budget, likes/dislikes, experience, etc.
Instead of giving a vague answer to this extremely common question, we figured that covering it in detail in a podcast would be the best way to go. So, if you are in the midst of deciding which gym you should be training at in Thailand, this podcast episode will hopefully answer all your questions!
(My voice is a bit echo-ey in this podcast, so my apologies on that, I’m not sure why that happened. I do sound much more epic when I talk though.)
We talk about all the things you should consider when traveling to Thailand, including things like:
- Your goals. This is arguably the most important thing to consider when you first start figuring out which gym you should train at. Are you training for fun and to experience the culture of Thailand? Or are you training to fight full-time and try to earn a sponsorship?
- Your budget. Are you able to live in a hostel room with only a fan? Or do you need more western amenities like air conditioning and a refrigerator? Your budget will be the determining factor in how long you are able to stay in train in Thailand, so knowing what you can/can not handle – and knowing the cheapest places to live will be key.
- Where do you want to be? Would you rather spend time in the city center of Bangkok where the fight scene is at it’s highest level? Or would you rather spend time near the beaches of Phuket where you can spend your off days relaxing in the beautiful sea?
- How long do you want to be in Thailand? Is this a short term thing or are you looking to try to stay in Thailand for as long as possible?
- What type of training do you like? Are you a serious practitioner who likes the hardcore, rigid training style? Or are you more “sabai, sabai” and like the atmosphere as a more easy going vibe?
Be sure to also check out the resources below if you want to learn more about traveling, training and fighting in Thailand:
Top Blog Posts For Training in Thailand
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher