The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 52
To say fight history was made this past weekend would be a HUGE understatement.
Besides this being the first UFC card ever held at in New York after the state finally made MMA legal, we also witnesses the “Notorious” Conor McGregor become the first fighter ever to hold two UFC titles at the same time after he dismantled his opponent Eddie Alvarez. Love him or hate him, he put on yet another show on arguably the biggest stage in the world.
Although Paul and I don’t watch MMA regularly, we knew how monumental this fight card. With 3 title fights headlined by McGregor vs Alvarez and it being held at Madison Square Garden (where we have both fought before) we made sure we didn’t miss this piece of MMA history.
In this weeks podcast, we discuss our thoughts on the main UFC 205 card as well as some other topics such as:
- McGregor’s history making performance and how his left hand continues to land fight after fight.
- How U.S. fans tend not to back other U.S. born fighters while other countries are 100% in support of their fighters (i.e. McGregor of Ireland or Jedrzejczyk of Poland).
- The politics of the fight game and how selling tickets is almost as important as performing on fight night.
- Why we feel like Nurmagomedov won’t get the title shot against McGregor despite being 24-0 as a pro fighter.
- Our own personal struggles with our training environments and how we’ve had to revisit our “Why”.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your thoughts and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.