The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 83
Lets get right to the point: There are no real “shortcuts” to becoming a champion.
That being said, the “shortcuts” we’re discussing here are ways to efficiently and proactively pursue greatness by following the lead of past and present champions. By studying the habits, characteristics and attributes of elite level fighters, we can better understand the amount of work, sacrifice and discipline it takes to get a nice shiny belt strapped around your waist.
In Paul’s recent article “The 3 Shortcuts To Becoming A Champion”, he dissects the work ethic and practices of champion fighters. We take the lead from that article but dive even deeper into the subject in this week’s podcast:
- What a “shortcut” to becoming a champion really means.
- How your decision to go all-in with your dreams and goals of becoming a champion is the first real step.
- Why living/sleeping in a gym is a common story shared by champion fighters.
- How the romanticism of sleeping in a gym is often fantasized and much harder than it looks.
- The importance of creating a lifestyle that revolves around your training and fight career.
- Why eliminating distractions and bad habits is a must if you want to achieve anything worthwhile – not just a championship belt.
- Our stories on how we went all-in for our dreams, quit our jobs, and sacrificed a great deal to get where we are today.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
Follow Muay Thai Athlete and Muay Thai Guy on Facebook.
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Comment below with your thoughts & suggestions. Your topic could be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.