Training twice a day has been a staple of Muay Thai for as long as anyone can remember. But is it always the best way to train? Today’s episode will tackle that tricky question. . .
THE MUAY THAI GUYS PODCAST – Ep. #96
Are you overtraining if you’re training twice a day? Are you undertraining if you’re not? The answers to these questions seem straightforward, but they’re really not.
We’re often told that the more work we put into something, the more results we’ll see. The 10,000-hour rule, right? For the most part, that’s true. But I also believe that it is extremely important to make sure that you’re taking the time to check on the quality of your training and adding in new things like journaling to reflect on what you’ve learned in training.
So… should we follow the conventional wisdom of training twice a day? Or is that model outdated? Like I said, these are not easy questions! The main thing is to think about what you’re doing and figure out whether or not that works for you. And guess what? That’s exactly what Paul and I talk about on this episode!
In this episode, we cover:
- Sean’s move to Thailand (shopping for a house, bringing a dog);
- The Lion Fight controversy & how the organization mistreats its fighters;
- Sean on training once a day for four hours instead of twice for two;
- Dogmatic training methods & forcing your opinions on people;
- The pros + cons of training through pain;
- The importance of thinking for yourself;
- And much, much more…
Watch the full, original broadcast or click the link below for the audio/podcast version.
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Subscribe via one of the options below:
Follow Muay Thai Athlete and Muay Thai Guy on Facebook.
GOT AN IDEA FOR THE SHOW? COMMENT BELOW! YOUR TOPIC COULD BE COVERED ON THE NEXT TMTG.
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.