Turning pro is not a decision to be taken lightly, yet so many fresh nak muay look to rush the decision. Whether you’re an old veteran of the amateur scene or a novice fighter, you can learn something about going pro from The Muay Thai Guys. . .
THE MUAY THAI GUYS – Ep. #94
When should you turn pro? Paul and I get asked this question a lot by you passionate and hungry fighters out there!
There are usually two types of fighters who are asking this question: high-level amateurs who’re now having a tough time finding competition or amateurs who’ve just started getting into it and now want the belt.
Turning pro isn’t this magic solution that’ll make all of your wildest dreams come true. It’s important to know what it entails before you make the jump. Also in this episode:
- Pros & Cons – Dark sides of pro fighting;
- Reality vs. Romance – A look at the real fighter’s life;
- Double Battle – Paul’s last boxing match & fight with illness;
- Be the Tortoise – The importance of not rushing your amateur career;
- …Not the Hare – The value of being an amateur for a long time;
- And much, much more…
Watch the full, original broadcast or click the link below for the audio/podcast version.
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Subscribe via one of the options below:
Follow Muay Thai Athlete and Muay Thai Guy on Facebook.
GOT AN IDEA FOR THE SHOW? COMMENT BELOW! YOUR TOPIC COULD BE COVERED ON THE NEXT TMTG.
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.