Zoila Frausto is a woman on a mission! The Muay Thai Guys sit down with ‘the Warrior Princess’ herself. . .
THE MUAY THAI GUYS PODCAST – Ep. #111
Zoila Frausto is a WBC Muay Thai champion and a former Bellator strawweight world champion. She also competed in 2012 Grappler’s Quest, winning gold. So needless to say, she knows how to fight everywhere and anywhere! But that’s not enough for Zoila. She’s got her sights set on getting into boxing.
As amazing as all that is, it’s not the topic of discussion with Zoila today! Paul and I wanted to know about the path of chasing a dream, persevering through obstacles, overcoming two ACL tears, and a lot more. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Zoila got into combat sports before it became mainstream;
- How Zoila transitioned from soccer to Muay Thai;
- How Zoila came back after 2 ACL tears;
- How female combat sports has evolved since Zoila started;
- And much, much more…
(Title image courtesy of Jeff Vulgamore/Combat Press)
Watch the full, original broadcast or click the link below for the audio/podcast version.
Follow Muay Thai Athlete and Muay Thai Guy on Facebook.
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.