The Muay Thai Guys – Episode 5
It can be difficult (and intimidating) going to a new Muay Thai gym to try out a class for the first time. Whether you’re just starting out in Muay Thai or have years of experience in the sport, it’s absolutely crucial to know what to look for when scouting out new gyms to train at.
In the most recent episode of The Muay Thai Guys podcast, Paul and I discuss our tips and advice for choosing a new gym and taking your first class:
- How to research nearby gyms.
- What to look for in an instructor (credentials, experience etc.)
- The scheduling, pricing and quality of classes and instruction.
- What to expect during your first class.
- The importance of mingling with other students and being open and friendly.
- Why you should know your training goals before taking your first class.
- General advice on how to make the most out of your training session.
- And much, much more!
Click here to listen to TMTG 005: Finding The Perfect Gym & Taking Your 1st Class
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.