The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 35
It’s the dream of nearly every Nak Muay to drop everything their doing to live, train and fight Muay Thai in Thailand.
Although many have this dream, only a handful are truly willing to work hard enough AND make the necessary sacrifices to make the dream a reality. Sponsored Nak Muay Nation fighter, Sylvie Von Duuglas-Ittu, is one of the few people dedicated enough to actually move to Thailand to train and fight full-time… and with 150+ fights under her belt it doesn’t look like she’s stopping any time soon.
Since Sylvie is pursuing her passion and immersing herself in the culture of Muay Thai, Paul and I thought she would be the perfect person to have on the podcast to talk about a variety of topics, including:
- What made her decide to first travel to Thailand to train Muay Thai.
- How after her first trip to Thailand all she could think about was how to make it back.
- Why she decided to move her life to The Land Of Smiles to pursue her passion for Muay Thai.
- The steps she took to make her dream a reality… and the ups and downs that she’s faced while pursuing it.
- How gambling plays a MAJOR role in fighting – and how she believes it’s not as bad as most westerners believe.
- Gambling lingo and etiquette and how the “sidebet” is important for her making enough money to live.
- Why she initially lived in Chaing Mai but then decided to live in the infamous city of Pattaya.
- What her website (8limbs.us) and new podcast are all about and how they’ve been an integral part of her journey.
- Different types of logistics when it comes to living in Thailand, including visas, picking a gym and more.
- And much MUCH more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode!
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your ideas and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.