The Muay Thai Guys – Episode 19
Strength and conditioning is always a hot topic in all combat sports including Muay Thai. Since it’s such a popular topic, there tends to be an excessive amount of misinformation scattered throughout blogs and social media… and that’s why listening to experts like Mike Perry is a MUST if you’re serious about your strength and conditioning for Muay Thai.
In the latest podcast, Paul Banasiak (www.muaythaiathlete.com) chats with the owner of Skill of Strength, Mike Perry. Mike has trained professional athletes who compete in some of the top arenas of sports including Muay Thai, UFC, NFL, MLB, Bellator and others.
Although knowledgable in all areas of S&C, Mike specializes with clients with prior injuries and movement dysfunction. Essentially he makes people dangerous AND functionally sexy.
In the podcast, Paul and Mike discuss:
- The biggest misconceptions fighters and coaches have about strength and conditioning.
- The difference between the strength portion and conditioning portion of an athletes training regimen.
- What the process is like when evaluating a new fighter.
- What a healthy dose of strength and conditioning is like for a competitive combat sport athlete.
- How much the programming differs from Muay Thai fighters to Jiu Jitsu and MMA fighters.
- What the single most important attribute one must have to consistently see progress.
- And much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics? Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your ideas and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.