The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 64
Compared to MMA, Muay Thai is still a growing sport in it’s infant stages. Fortunately, with promotions like Lion Fight taking the reigns and helping spread Muay Thai to the US and other parts of the world, it is becoming more and more recognized as one of the most dynamic and exciting sports in the world.
A big step in Muay Thai getting the recognition it deserves is being televised to a worldwide audience… and that’s exactly what Scott Kent and Lion Fight have been able to do the past few years with their deal on AXS TV. Paul and I had the chance to sit down with Scott in this weeks podcast to talk to him about the growth of the sport in the US as well as other topics such as:
- Scott’s beginnings in the sport and what gave him the inspiration to start a promotion.
- What the initial blueprint for Lion Fight was and how it was able to grow from a small, local promotion into a national show (and soon to be worldwide).
- The importance of growing the sport inside the US with local US talent.
- Why Lion Fight and fighting in the US is on the bucket list for a number of international fighters.
- Why bringing in top level Thai’s (and other foreign fighters) is important when showcasing the sport to the US crowd.
- How GLORY, Bellator and other kickboxing promotions are indirectly helping the growth of Muay Thai.
- A preview of the upcoming Lion Fight 36 card where Paul and Brett Hlavacek co-headline this stacked card.
- The idea of having qualifying tournaments around the world to fight on Lion Fight.
- And much, much more!
Click here to listen to TMTG 064: The Growth of Muay Thai in the US with Lion Fight President Scott Kent
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher