The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 73
Whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced fighter, it’s always important to have the “beginners” mindset whenever you hit the training floor if you truly want to reach the highest levels.
In this weeks podcast, Paul and I catch up and discuss our thoughts on the beginners mindset and how critical it’s been for our success both inside the Muay Thai world and outside of it. We also cover other topics such as…
- How being the top dog at your gym isn’t always the best thing.
- The importance of occasionally training at different gyms with different training partners and coaches.
- Why we see so many top level fighters focus on the basics.
- How Paul and I are still getting used to being recognized as “The Muay Thai Guy” whenever we are traveling.
- Paul’s training at CSA and how it’s been improving him physically and mentally.
- Sean’s analysis of his training with Namsaknoi and the importance of angles, footwork and balance.
- How watching fights on TV are completely different than watching fights in person.
- Why you shouldn’t judge someones power, speed or technique just by watching one of their fights – and how different it is when you’re standing right across from them.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher