When the superman punch lands flush, it’s a thing of beauty. GSP is the king of this technique, but it’s a long-standing staple in a nak muay’s arsenal. . .
SETUPS: THE SUPERMAN PUNCH
Georges St. Pierre famously uses the superman jab in MMA to setup takedowns, leg kicks and various other techniques.
This is a tricky technique to throw. If you throw it incorrectly, you’ll just look like a silly, silly guy.
However, if you can throw it correctly, you will be able to catch your opponent off-guard again and again.
In the video below, Sean Fagan will cover not only how to set up techniques off the superman jab, but how to set up the superman jab itself:
HOW TO SETUP KO TECHNIQUES WITH THE SUPERMAN PUNCH
SUPERMAN JAB + TEEP
It cannot be overstated how important it is to set up the superman jab with a real threat like the teep. If your teep is no good, your opponent will not care about your fake. To threaten someone, they must be afraid of what you’re threatening with. If your opponent knows you’re bluffing, it’s no good.
Furthermore, you must adapt your superman jab based on how your opponent responds to the teep. If your opponent opts to move back, you will have to skip further forward. If your opponent moves forward, you will have to skip back.
Do you want to be a knockout artist? Do you want to have the “Mike Tyson aura” where everyone is afraid to fight you because they know you could knock them out at any moment? Sean and Jason will teach you just that in their KO Combo Mini Course.
Take the course and you will:
- Learn how to KO your opponents with any of your limbs;
- Improve your footwork, awareness of distance, angles & more;
- Add high-% punch, kick, knee, and elbow KO combos to your arsenal;
- Pick up advanced combos and techniques your opponents can’t defend.
- …and so much more!
What are you waiting for?! >>>>> KILLER KO COMBOS – Click here!
- Evan is a gourmand of combat sports from Taiwan. He appreciates the beauty of Muay Thai movement and all other movements. He's got no rudder so if the winds blow northerly, he goes north. His goal is to achieve and appreciate.