The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 65
It’s funny how we hear quotes like, “Fighting is 90% mental”, yet so many people neglect to work on their mental practice throughout training camp. We all know that nerves and anxiety leading up to a fight can be completely incapacitating if you’re not sure how to handle them, so being proactive and learning the proper ways to deal with these issues will be key to your success.
In this weeks podcast, Paul and I are asked by a couple fans about our pre fight rituals before a fight and how we are able to deal with the inevitable roller coaster of emotion. We share our thoughts and tips including:
- Why rituals can be a good and bad thing.
- Why it’s important to create good habits before a fight, rather than rituals.
- What type of mental practices we recommend trying before a fight or big sparring session.
- How your self perception can play a huge role in how far you go with your Muay Thai training career.
- Why visualization and meditation are important for anyone to practice, whether they are a fighter or not.
- How to get in the right mindset before a fight.
- Why training hard and consistently is the best way to get mentally prepared for a fight.
- And much, much more!
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher