I love my paleo porridge breakfast bowl. Super easy to make, loaded with great sources of energy and delicious… doesn’t get much better than that. It’s one of my go-to pre-workout meals because of the quality carbs, fats and sugars it has from it’s ingredients.
If you want more simple, fast and healthy recipes like this, make sure to check out my nutrition e-guide and recipe book, Fuel The Fighter! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
– Paleo Porridge –
Serves 1 – About $2.25 per serving
- 1 organic egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- additional toppings: raisins,walnuts, blueberries, strawberries, shredded coconut etc.
- Blend egg, egg whites, banana, butternut squash, cinnamon, chia seeds and vanilla extract.
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Pour mixture into skillet and cook like you are scrambling eggs. Cook until desired consistency.
- Put in bowl, top it with whatever the hell you want and eat!
If you’re going with the Paleo diet, this is a great option other than the Muay Thai Guy oatmeal bowl. It has healthy carbs along with a solid dose of protein and a ton of Vitamin A from the butternut squash. Also, if you add your favorite fruits and nuts, it’ll give you even more energy-creating nutrients!
255 calories – 7g of fat – 56g of carbs – 16g of protein
Ridiculously easy to make, tastes delicious, very high in Vitamin A and slow- digesting carbohydrates that are great for pre-workout.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
I’m interested to hear how you like it. I know the consistency might not taste right to everyone, but I think it’s absolutely delicious and it’s one of my go-to breakfasts because of how healthy, easy and quick it is. Leave a comment below and let me know if it was as good as a pre-workout training meal for muay thai as I think it is.
And like I mentioned before, if you like this recipe and want more like it, check out Fuel The Fighter!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.