The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 23
Nutrition can be a major bitch.
The amount of different aspects and philosophies on nutrition makes it nearly impossible to decipher what will work best for you.
What should you eat? When should you eat it? What diets work? How do you lose weight? Gain weight?
As a serious Muay Thai practitioner, the type of food (fuel) you put into your body will have a major effect on your performance in and out of the gym. Learning the basics of nutrition for Muay Thai will be key to you unleashing your full potential by increasing your energy, recovery rate and overall mood.
In the most recent The Muay Thai Guys Podcast, Sean and Paul (www.muaythaiathlete.com) discuss their tips and advice when it comes to eating properly for Muay Thai training. They go over a bunch of topics including:
- How the diet other people use might not be the best for you.
- Why your metabolism and learning how your body reacts to certain foods is crucial to creating healthy eating habits.
- The importance of nutrient dense food.
- Why you should consider keeping a nutrition journal for a short (or long) period of time.
- What the best energy sources are and some examples (carbs, proteins, fats etc.)
- The misconception about fats and why they should be an important part of your diet.
- Why preparing food (especially if you have a busy schedule) is a great way to make sure you’re eating the right meals for your life schedule.
- Food shopping tips and what to consider when going to the grocery store (Tip: don’t go when your high).
- And much, much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode!
For more nutrition tips, check out this page.
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics? Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your ideas and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.