An awesome, healthy breakfast and/or pre-workout meal for your muay thai training
I am addicted to this healthy breakfast recipe. The “Muay Thai Guy Oatmeal Bowl” is by far my favorite pre-workout meal because of how much energy it gives me from the healthy carbs, fats and protein it’s loaded with. If you’re looking for a badass pre-workout/breakfast recipe for muay thai training, then you found it here!
“Muay Thai Guy Oatmeal Bowl” Recipe
Obviously you don’t have to follow this badass breakfast recipe for muay thai training step by step but this is what I’ve found works and tastes best for me:
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1 medium banana
- 3 small strawberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Dash of cinnamon
Trust me, if someone like me can figure out how to make this amazing, tasty breakfast recipe, then you should be able to too.
- Cook the oats. Usually I use about 1 cup of water for the 3/4 cup of oats because I don’t like my oatmeal too mushy. You can try different amounts of water until you find the consistency you like.
- Slice up the banana and strawberries while oatmeal is cooking.
- Once oats are done, put the spoonful of peanut butter in the oatmeal and mix it around and then spread the flaxseed over top.
- Put banana, strawberries, blueberries on top and then sprinkle with honey and cinnamon
- Eat that delicious “Muay Thai Guy Oatmeal Bowl” and tell your friends about it.
This is not a meal you want to have if you are on a weight cutting diet plan because it is loaded with calories and carbs. However if you’re looking at a full day of training or work, this is a great option for a pre-workout meal because of it’s high nutrition of protein, fats and carbs. However if you don’t workout then chances are all of that is going to sit in your stomach and turn into fat… so make sure you get in at least one training session during the day!
29g of fat
107g of carbs
20g of protein
Obviously this is all just estimated but I’ve eaten this enough times to have a general idea what type of nutrition my healthy oatmeal breakfast recipe has. I also make sure to use organic peanut butter and fruits (when I can afford it) to make sure it’s as natural as can be.
When you try this awesome breakfast recipe for yourself make sure to share your version with Muay Thai Nation!