The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 79
Overtraining is a weird topic to discuss because there are a variety of intricate philosophies on it… including ours.
When I first started Muay Thai my philosophy on overtraining was quite different than it is now. Before I thought it was important to avoid overtraining so you can continue on with your training without worrying about burnout – but now I feel like overtraining (at least once in your career) is a crucial for your success because it will develop mental toughness while giving you a better understanding of how hard you can push your body.
In this most recent podcast, Paul and I discuss our evolution of theory when it comes to overtraining.
We also cover topics such as:
- Usually in combination of one another:
- Fevers/Chills/Easily Getting Sick
- Full Body Aches
- Multiplying Injuries
- Depression and Fatigue Despite Regular Sleeping Patterns
- Self Assessment of Whether You Are a Bitch or Not
- Consistent Team of Coaches Around You That See Changes in Performance and Behavior
- Progression [Sink or Swim Works for Some]
- Studying Your Body & Mind and its Patterns
- Recovery Work and Nutrition
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Comment below with your thoughts and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.