The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 79
Overtraining is a weird topic to discuss because there are a variety of intricate philosophies on it… including ours.
When I first started Muay Thai my philosophy on overtraining was quite different than it is now. Before I thought it was important to avoid overtraining so you can continue on with your training without worrying about burnout – but now I feel like overtraining (at least once in your career) is a crucial for your success because it will develop mental toughness while giving you a better understanding of how hard you can push your body.
In this most recent podcast, Paul and I discuss our evolution of theory when it comes to overtraining.
We also cover topics such as:
- Usually in combination of one another:
- Fevers/Chills/Easily Getting Sick
- Full Body Aches
- Multiplying Injuries
- Depression and Fatigue Despite Regular Sleeping Patterns
- Self Assessment of Whether You Are a Bitch or Not
- Consistent Team of Coaches Around You That See Changes in Performance and Behavior
- Progression [Sink or Swim Works for Some]
- Studying Your Body & Mind and its Patterns
- Recovery Work and Nutrition
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.