Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 97
Chris Bradford is a Muay Thai veteran who has been in the ring dozens of times against tough, game opponents. But he says that strapping on 4oz MMA gloves and stepping into a steel cage is quite a different feeling than fighting with the traditional 8oz boxing gloves in a ring… and I tend to believe him.
In this episode of the Muay Thai Guy podcast, Chris and I discuss his career, his retirement and what his goals are now that he’s decided to step into the ring. We cover a wide variety of topics including:
- How he got his start in martial arts in Kyokushin Karate and then eventually graduated to Muay Thai.
- What is was like stepping into the cage for the first time with MMA gloves and how the feeling differs from a regular fight.
- How he changed his game plan to fit the Caged Muay Thai style and why that was important to his success.
- The feeling of losing a world title fight and how he was able to overcome the defeat.
- His biggest triumph over a tough Thai fighter, Waytharan Sitsongpeenong that no one thought he could beat.
- What it’s like training fighters and training himself at the same time, and how it eventually lead to his retirement.
- Why and how he decided to start the Prestige Fight Series promotion.
- How he’s able to balance all these different areas of his life.
- And much, MUCH more.
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 097: Chris Bradford
Chris Bradford’s KO of Waytharan Sitsongpeenong
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!