Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 92
Not many people would take a fight against Yodsanklai Fairtex without any hesitation… but Marco Tentori is not like other people.
With his background in Kung Fu, Marco has a number of unique advantages that most other fighters don’t have. After training Kung Fu for years and having trouble finding full-contact fights, Marco transitioned to Muay Thai which eventually led him to fighting the pound-for-pound most dangerous fighter in the world, Yod. We discuss how this fight ended up being made plus…
- How he initially got into Kung Fu by watching Bruce Lee movies.
- How the mindset he’s developed thanks to Lung Fu has helped him keep an open mind and “be like water”.
- What the transition from Kung Fu to Muay Thai was like and why he decided to take that route.
- Why he believes Kung Fu has given him an advantage against a majority of his opponents.
- What his career has been like up to his Yodsanklai fight.
- How the fight between Yodsanklai came to fruition.
- How he was able to go into the fight without being intimidated by the aura around Yodsanklai.
- What his training camp was like leading up to the fight and how important his mental training was.
- His thoughts on the fight including how he was able to deal with Yod’s power left roundhouse.
- How he was able to drop Yodsanklai with an elbow in the 2nd round.
- A simple mistake he made prior to the fight that ended up tiring him out quicker than he expected.
- Plus much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 092: Fighting Yodsanklai & The Kung Fu Mindset with Marco Tentori
Follow along with Marco’s career on Facebook
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!