Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 78
Funk Roberts is the man!
Before I even began blogging, Funk Roberts has been releasing a variety of strength and conditioning workouts related to muay thai, MMA and other combat sports. If you were to check out his youtube channel, you’d find interval training, bodyweight circuits, kettle bell workouts, core conditioning and a ton of other types of workouts.
When Funk and I set up this podcast I was super stoked to chat with him because I knew he would be a great person to interview. We covered a whole range of topics related to strength and conditioning and muay thai such as:
- How he originally was a professional beach volleyball player and made the transition to martial arts and MMA.
- What it was like for him traveling, training and fighting in Thailand (at the tender age of 40)
- His thoughts on Tiger Muay Thai and how it will always be one of the gyms he visits when he travels to Thailand.
- What gave him the idea to start his Youtube channel.
- What his favorite type of strength and conditioning is and why it’s so important as a combat sport athletes.
- His thoughts on various types of workouts including kettle bells, metabolic conditioning, plyometrics and more.
- What he sees most fighters neglect in their strength and conditioning training.
- The basics of nutrition and what you should be eating before and after your workout sessions.
- Why nutrition is so important if you want the best results possible.
- How at 46 years old he’s in the best shape of his life.
- Why he feels like the “I’m too old” to train/workout is a lame excuse and how to overcome it.
- Why you should start a strength program regardless of your age and background.
- Plus much, much more
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 078: Metabolic Conditioning, Nutrition Basics, and More with Funk Roberts
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!