Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 63
Let me just start off by saying that I’ve been a huge fan of Duane Ludwig since I got started in Muay Thai and kickboxing. He’s fought some of the best in the world including John Wayne Parr, Masato, Ramon Dekkers, Albert Kraus, Malaipet and others. Not only that, but he also coached Team Alpha Male to their first UFC title by helping TJ Dillashaw defeat Renan Barao… needless to say, Duane knows his shit.
Also, I just wanted to give a shoutout to Rachel who first planted the idea in my head to reach out and interview Duane. Thank you for that idea and for the review of the podcast, you’re fucking awesome!
Anyway, in the podcast, Duane discusses a variety of topics including:
- How his new academy Ludwig Martial Arts is doing in Denver, Colorado.
- Who is toughest opponent was (besides himself) during his kickboxing and K-1 days.
- Why he decided to make the switch from kickboxing to MMA.
- What type of adjustments he had to make going from K-1 to the UFC.
- What his general philosophy on striking is and what he believes are the most important aspects of being a good striker.
- The benefits of fighting from both stances and why everyone should learn to do it.
- What is was like coaching Team Alpha Male and the challenges he faced training all these beasts at once.
- His thoughts on smoking weed and how it’s helped him after his career.
- How smoking isn’t for everyone but if used in moderation could be beneficial to some people.
- What tips he would give to up and coming fighters trying to make it in the fight world
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 063: Duane “Bang” Ludwig Drops Major Knowledge Bombs
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page