Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 60
It’s been awesome watching Stephane Smarth climb the amateur rankings here in the US and fight on some of the same cards as me. Not only is he a badass in the ring, but he’s also a great trainer and knows his stuff when it comes to strength and conditioning, weight cutting and having a strong mindset.
In this podcast episode we go discuss a number of topics including:
- How having a military background helped him transition seamlessly into a combat sport like Muay Thai.
- How he is able to balance fighting, training his clientele, and owning a new business.
- Why he works at one gym but chose to train at another for his fight at Madison Square Garden.
- What the day-to-day life is like when he’s training for a fight, including what type of training he likes to do.
- How he balances his strength and conditioning with his skill-specific training.
- The importance of having other passionate, driven people to train with leading up to a fight.
- What is was like fighting at MSG and how he was able to deal with his fight being a draw.
- His weight cutting process and how he’s able to go from 160 to 135.
- What gave him the inspiration to start his own equipment company, VSL Fighting, and the steps he took to make it a reality.
- His goals for VSL Fighting and why he thinks his company and training gear will stick out.
- What Hit Stix are and why they are a great training tool not just for fighters, but for trainers too.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 060: Stephane Smarth Discusses His Military Mindset, New Training Equipment, and Fighting at MSG.
Make sure to check out Stephanes equipment company VSL Fighting
Also check out all his social media account to follow him and his company:
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.