Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode #56
Angela Hill is a badass. Plain and simple.
She’s a dominant, undefeated Muay Thai fighter who decided to give MMA a try and found herself being a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter season 20. Needless to say, a lot has happened in her life and career throughout the past year or so, so we cover a whole range or topics including:
- What triggered her transition from Muay Thai to MMA.
- How she had to alter her fighting style and adapt to a new form of fighting.
- The subtle differences from striking as a Muay Thai fighter vs. a MMA fighter.
- Her thoughts on the risks she had to take in order to try out for TUF 20.
- How literally living in a gym got her mentally and physically prepared for fighting in the UFC.
- How her lack of experienced played numerous roles and how she was able to use it as a positive.
- What it’s like being the first African-American woman in the UFC, as well as her thoughts of being a role model to little girls.
- The difficulties of taking a loss after never tasting defeat before, and using it as motivation to become a better fighter than before.
- What type of changes she’s gone through personally and as a fighter since living in the TUF house.
- Her ultimate goals and plans for the near future.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 056: TUF 20 Fighter, Angela “Overkill” Hill, Discusses Her Journey From Muay Thai to MMA.
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page