Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode #54
GLORY #2 ranked Middleweight, Wayne Barrett, has come a long way in his relatively short professional career. From breaking in with a bang at GLORY 9 and now being one of the top prospects aiming for a title shot, Wayne is looking forward to his upcoming fight against Jason Wilnis at GLORY 18 on November 7th in Oklahoma, US! Besides that we also discuss:
- His quick rise in the professional rankings of GLORY
- What it was like facing Joe Schilling at GLORY 10 in NY and how the trash talk was a new aspect of the game he had to learn.
- How he was able to use the back-and-forth banter as a positive thing and what he learned from the whole experience.
- What is was like training for the GLORY Last Man Standing 8-man tournament and how it differed from his normal training regimen.
- How he mentally prepared for the tournament and what ran through his mind during his two fights.
- If his game plan changed at all during his fight with Schilling knowing that he could potentially fight Artem Levin in the finals.
- What is was like losing that fight and how he was able to eventually overcome the setback.
- His upcoming fight against Dutch stylist, Jason Wilnis and what he expects from his opponent.
- Why he gets in trouble for speaking his mind during interviews and why he doesn’t plan on keeping a filter anytime soon.
- What he really thinks about the Dutch style of kickboxing and what he plans on doing at Glory 18.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 054: #2 Ranked GLORY Middleweight Wayne Barrett Talks GLORY 18
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.