Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode #51
There’s a lot more that goes along with Muay Thai than just the training (although that’s obviously a big part of it) and Matt Lucas was able to capture certain intricacies of the grind that many people overlook in his new book “The Boxer’s Soliloquy.”
In my interview with Matt, we talk about how and why he decided to write the book and a lot of other topics including:
- His multiple trips to Thailand and what fighting/training was like there.
- Why he felt he needed a change from the daily grind working in the hospitality business and why Muay Thai was the answer.
- Why reading and writing is a passion of his and why he feels like it’s a lost art nowadays.
- How many of his own experiences he was able to portray through his writings.
- What gave him the inspiration to write the book and why it’s in soliloquy form.
- Why the book can be read by anyone regardless whether or not they know what Muay Thai is.
- The potential for the growth of Muay Thai and where he sees the future of the sport going.
- His future goals and plans to write more books in the future.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 051: Matt Lucas Talks “The Boxer’s Soliloquy”
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.