Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode #50
Jason Farrell has been building his team of fighters for years in Maryland over at Level Up Boxing and Fitness. His guys have only lost 2 closely contested fights in 2014! Jason talks about a number of topics including:
(Feature Photo Credit: Dan Eric)
- How he took the leap from working a stable job to opening up his own gym.
- The difficulties of owning and operating a Muay Thai gym.
- What a normal day of training is like for his fighters and how he prepares them for fight night.
- The importance of having his fighters best interest at heart
- Not worrying about “Gym Hopping” and not having an ego when his fighters workout or spar at different gyms.
- Why drilling and sparring are the main focuses during training sessions.
- How he warms up and mentally prepares his fighters in the locker room.
- The importance of centering his fighters in between rounds and giving simple, straight-forward advice.
- His goals for his gym and fighters and how he wants to be one of the go-to gyms in the US.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG #050: Jason Farrell Discusses Gym Hopping, Training His Fighters and Owning A Gym.
Follow Jason’s gym on Facebook at Level Up Boxing and Fitness.
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page