Matt Embree has climbed to the top of the sport and hasn’t even hit his prime yet. He’s has won multiple titles and has fought some of the best fighters in the world like Coke Chanuwat, Ben Yelle, Sean Kearney, Lerdsila Chumpairtour and Kevin Ross.
We talk about how he first found muay thai and the sacrifices he had to make in order to get to where he is today in his career. After high school he didn’t get caught up with hanging out with friends and wasting time, instead the guy took a 3 hour bus trip to the gym just to get his training in. If your excuse is that your gym is too far away, now you know that it is not a legitimate excuse. We also cover a ton of other topics:
- What a normal day of training at Siam No.1 consists of
- How him and Simon Marcus help each other improve everyday during training
- His mindset on fighting and how his belief in himself has been the main reason he’s been successful in the ring.
- His thoughts on his most recent fight in China, and his past fight with Kevin Ross
- Some exciting news about his next fight, which is going to be a rematch in early 2014!
Click here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 041: Matt Embree: Siam No.1, Toronto
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below! Also, to get prepared to the rematch, make sure you check out Matt Embree vs. Kevin Ross!
Who do you think will win the rematch?
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.