The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 18
There are many reasons for why we train Muay Thai, and they may change throughout our journey. Some do it as a way to get in shape, some do it for the glory, some do it for the beauty of its movement, and some use it as a healthy dose of medicine.
On this episode of The Muay Thai Guys podcast, Paul (www.muaythaiathlete.com) and Sean talk with their guest, Michael Saavedra, about how he’s been able to use Muay Thai as a tool to fight back against his depression. They also talk about:
- How he originally found Muay Thai and how it differs from the other martial arts he’s trained.
- The most common misunderstandings about depression, anxiety and other mental health issues.
- What depression feels like and how it can become so overwhelming at times.
- How his mindset can shift from positive to negative on the snap of a finger.
- How intimidating situations like social engagements, exercises, dieting etc. are great ways to fight depression.
- Tips and advice to other people who are dealing with similar issues.
- And much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode with Kevin Ross
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher