Thailand Training Camp – Khongsittha Gym and Accommodations
Experiencing an authentic Muay Thai training camp is often associated with sleeping on the floor next to other fighters, hitting torn up heavy bags and roughing it while training twice a day… but it doesn’t have to be.
I’m not gonna lie, when I first decided to hold the Nak Muay Nation Training Camp at Khongsittha Gym in Bangkok, I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of the quality of training facilities and accommodations.
I even talked to a handful of other students who expected it to be the rugged, old school type of living/training that we see in movies like Bloodsport… needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised by how nice, clean and top quality everything was at Khongsittha!
Khongsittha Gym Tour
- 2 full-sized rings
- A variety of heavy bags (banana, tear drop and others)
- Quality pads for the trainers
- A surplus of space to fit 20 Nak Muay comfortably
- A loaded strength and conditioning area with medicine balls, kettle bells, battle ropes, weights and everything else you could need.
- An ice bath for post-training recovery
- Pristinely clean locker rooms and showers
- Queen size bed
- Air conditioning
- Large wardrobe and plenty of storage space
- Shower and a toilet you can actually flush toilet paper down (I know it sounds crazy, but almost all the other places I’ve stayed you have to put your shitty toilet paper in the garbage due to plumbing issues.)
- Chairs, table and even a vanity (fancy)
- A balcony to hang your nasty hand wraps and Thai shorts
The Surrounding Area
- Thai restaurants, food stands and night markets
- Western style restaurants with comfort food that’ll remind you of home
- Massage parlors to relax, unwind and recover for your next session
- Spas, saunas and swimming pools
- Supermarkets and convenience stores (7/11, Big C etc.)
- Shopping centers and western-style malls with movie theaters
- Night clubs and bars for those who like to train hard/party hard
Interested in coming to a future Nak Muay Nation Training Camp? For prices and more info go to www.ThailandTrainingCamp.com
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.