The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 17
When you think of American Muay Thai, one name always comes to mind… Kevin Ross.
For those of you who don’t know, Kevin has been immersed the Muay Thai scene for quite some time now and has showcased his skills against top Nak Muay from around the world. With multiple championship belts, wins over top Thai fighters and always putting on entertaining fights, it’s no wonder why the American fans love to watch Ross step into the ring and showcase his skills.
With all the success Kevin has had in the sport, he has also had his fair share of setbacks and challenges. Paul (www.muaythaiathlete.com) and Sean had a chance to chat with Kevin about the ups and downs of his career and much more including:
- What he was going through after 2 back-to-back losses to Yamato and Rungrat.
- How he’s able to learn from the losses and stay motivated to get back into the ring.
- His thoughts on the two losses and what he felt went wrong.
- What it was like fighting down in Peru and winning another WBC belt alongside his training partner Gaston Bolanos.
- Why the fight in Peru reminded him why he started Muay Thai in the first place.
- How he initially got into Muay Thai and used it to keep away from bad influences in his life.
- The importance of his team, coaches and training partners at CSA and how they’ve helped him succeed.
- His thoughts on when young amateurs should turn pro and the factors to consider before doing so.
- A brief chat about his relationship with Gina Carano
- And much, much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode with Kevin Ross
Kevin Ross’ WMC Title Fight in Peru
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher