The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 67
Friday night at Foxwoods Casino marked the 36th show of the top US Muay Thai promotion, Lion Fight. Co-headlining the card was two highly skilled fighters who also happened to be friends of Nak Muay Nation, Paul “The Reaper” Banasiak, and seasoned veteran Brett Hlavacek… and they didn’t disappoint.
Both fighters showed tremendous poise, precision and technique throughout the 5 round fight which was a nail biter all the way till the last round. With the first four rounds split even, both fighters knew that the 5th round was going to be the determining factor in who came out the winner.
When the bell rang at the end of the night, it was Paul who got his hand raised due to his forward pressure, strong clinch game, and clean striking.
Paul talks about the fight and everything surrounding it in this weeks podcast, including:
- What the build up to the fight was like and how he was able to cope with the pressure.
- Why going up in 2 weight classes proved to be a smart decision on his end.
- The atmosphere in the locker room before walking out to fight.
- Paul’s thoughts on Brett as an opponent and how he feels he’ll be a much better fighter because of Brett.
- What the overall game plan was and what type of adjustments he had to make.
- The next step in his career.
- And much more!
A small piece of the action from Friday night.
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher