The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 77
A hot topic nowadays is whether or not you automatically become a pro fighter if you take a fight in Thailand.
Recently, MTG writer Angela Chang wrote about her thoughts on the topic in this post, but now it’s time for Paul and I to discuss our thoughts and breakdown what we think fighting in Thailand really means. We discuss things such as:
- The different levels of fighting in Thailand
- Why every fight in Thailand is technically “professional”, although it’s not professional level
- What type of promotions and shows are professional level in Thailand (and which ones are not)
- Whether or not fighting in Thailand makes you a pro when you come back to your home country
- The different levels and categories of Muay Thai (amateur, semi-pro, pro etc.)
- Our experiences fighting in Thailand and how we differentiate our amateur fights vs. our pro fights.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics? Comment below with your thoughts and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.