The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 77
A hot topic nowadays is whether or not you automatically become a pro fighter if you take a fight in Thailand.
Recently, MTG writer Angela Chang wrote about her thoughts on the topic in this post, but now it’s time for Paul and I to discuss our thoughts and breakdown what we think fighting in Thailand really means. We discuss things such as:
- The different levels of fighting in Thailand
- Why every fight in Thailand is technically “professional”, although it’s not professional level
- What type of promotions and shows are professional level in Thailand (and which ones are not)
- Whether or not fighting in Thailand makes you a pro when you come back to your home country
- The different levels and categories of Muay Thai (amateur, semi-pro, pro etc.)
- Our experiences fighting in Thailand and how we differentiate our amateur fights vs. our pro fights.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher