The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 27
Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game that every Nak Muay has to deal with at some point in their career.
Whether you train to stay in shape or you train to compete, it’s almost guaranteed that some type of injury (minor or major) is going to halt your progress and throw a wrench in your training regimen.
Although injuries suck, there are ways to deal with them and train around them. Heck, you can even make the injury a blessing in disguise if you have the right type of mindset!
In this weeks podcast, Paul (muaythaiathlete.com) and I talk about our experiences dealing with both nagging and devastating injuries as well as:
- How to avoid nagging injuries
- The importance of choosing the correct sparring partners
- Sparring and training with control
- Ensuring you get enough sleep, hydration and recovery.
- The mental side of training and fighting with an injury.
- How I was able to fight a 5 round fight with a broken arm.
- How Paul is able to fight on a consistent basis with nagging and more serious injuries.
- When you should take a step back from training.
- Other ways to deal with injuries and limited mobility.
- Using the injury as a way to focus on other areas of your fight game/life.
- And much, much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode!
Here’s my USA WKA title fight against Chris Williams where I had my arm broken by his head kicks early on in the fight. It was a very close fight that could’ve went either way!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics? Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your ideas and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!