Caley Reece is looking to make her mark at Lion Fight 13 when she takes on current Lion Fight champion Tiffany Van Soest in a highly anticipated fight between two of the top women fighters in the world.
After retiring for a short bit of time, Caley had the itch to fight and couldn’t stay out of the ring for long. Once she was given the opportunity to Van Soest she jumped right on it and is very excited to show the American audience what she’s all about.
I was lucky enough to talk with Caley about her career and her thoughts on her upcoming fight with Tiffany Van Soest on Feberuary 7th. She was a pleasure to speak with and I was able to pick her brain on several topics including:
- How she broke her hand her first time training Muay Thai but still knew it was something she wanted to pursue.
- Why she decided to retire and what made her want to come back shortly after making that decision.
- Why she thinks she her experience is the main factor in her winning her upcoming fight against Van Soest.
- What a normal day in the life is like for her, including what her training consists of on a day to day basis.
- How her training in Australia differs than her training in Thailand.
- Why Crossfit has been a great addition to her training routine and how it’s helped her in various aspects of her fight game.
- How she calms her mind before a big fight with positive self talk and visualization.
- If she would rather fight a dingo or a kangaroo.
- And much more!
Click here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to episode 43, Caley Reece Talks Lion Fight 13, Crossfit and Coming Out Of Retirement
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.