Muay Thai Podcast Interview #49
Talking Training, Thailand and Relationships with Paul Banasiak and Sam Abrams
Ever wanted to share your passion of Muay Thai with someone you love? Well, Paul and Sam are doing just that. These two amateur fighters from Connecticut, USA are pursuing their dreams and training together on a regular basis and most recently made a trip to Koh Phangan, Thailand to take their training and relationship to the next level.
Not many couples are able to punch and kick each other in the face, so needless to say, they have a unique perspective on things. In the latest Muay Thai Guy podcast episode, I sat down with Paul and Sam to talk about the challenges and rewards of training together as well as a variety of other topics such as:
- The difficulties of separating being a trainer from being a boyfriend.
- How Muay Thai has brought them closer as a couple and how they use it to constantly improve themselves and their relationship.
- What’s it like watching and cornering your significant other on fight night.
- The differences between their training routines in Thailand and their training back home.
- Their expectations for their trip to Thailand and how things quickly changed after they arrived.
- How traveling and training in Thailand has changed their perspective on training and life.
- What’s it like knowing that they will be fighting on the same card in Thailand and how they plan on handling it on fight night.
- How they’ve been enjoying their downtime in Thailand and what their plans and goals for the rest of their trip are.
- And much more!
Click here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG048: A Muay Thai Couple – Paul and Sam Talk Training Together in Thailand
Make sure to check out their blog and social media to follow along with their journeys as they pursue their dreams:
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.