The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 50
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you.
All of us have had our share of successes and failures throughout our Muay Thai journey.
We brag about when we are winning fights, training hard and everything is going according to plan, but we often forget to mention the struggles and setbacks that have helped shape us into the nak muay we are today.
In this week’s podcast, Paul breaks down all the events that have led him to where he is today – training on a beautiful tropical island at a top level training camp. Although on his Instagram stories and social media you’ll mainly see positive posts, don’t let that fool you into thinking that there hasn’t been any adversity along the way… because there has been plenty.
Along his journey to Thailand, Paul has had to deal with consistent setbacks and challenges that almost stopped him from pursuing his goals. Some of these include:
- Fracturing his face in 3 different places after winning a fight on Super Muay Thai.
- Dealing with relationship issues and cutting ties with his girlfriend.
- Cutting off his family for a short period of time due to their lack of understanding of his goals and dreams.
- Almost ending his trip early to fly back home and patch things up.
- The grueling training regimens he’s been put through both in Bangkok and Koh Phangan.
- And plenty of others.
If you want a behind-the-scenes look at the adversity that some of us have to go through while pursuing our dreams, give this podcast a listen.
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your thoughts and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.