The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 48
Considering fighting for the first time? It’s a great experience that will live with you forever, but there are a number of things that go on behind the scenes that you need to be aware of… and that’s exactly what Paul and I talk about in this weeks podcast.
Recently Paul wrote a detailed post about the 5 Things You Need To Know Before Fighting (that you should also check out) and we figured it’s a solid topic to go even more in-depth with since it’s something that ALL prospective fighters have to deal with before they step into the ring. We talk about 5 key components which include:
- Sacrifices – The amount of sacrifices you have to make in order to be a successful fighter is probably more than you think.
- Paperwork and Physicals – Possibly one of the most stressful parts leading up to a fight is getting all the paperwork done to make sure you’re physically and mentally fit to fight. A quick tip – do NOT procrastinate your paperwork and physicals!
- Weight Cut Process – As a new fighter chances are you know that weight cutting is part of the game, but you probably don’t have the best understanding about how to do it safely and effectively. Make sure you do your research and talk to others who have done it!
- Cancellations – Fights fall through on a regular basis and it’s almost inevitable that you will have a fight cancelled at some point during your career. Get used to it.
- Tests of Mental Toughness – You will go through a roller coaster of emotions throughout your fight career. You’ll be tested mentally more than ever before. A true fighter/warrior will develop a resilient mind and overcome any mental obstacle in their way.
We cover these 5 topics more in-depth and touch on a number of others in this weeks podcast. Take a listen:
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
Have any questions or suggestions for future podcast topics?
Contact Sean or reach out to Paul on Muay Thai Athlete or comment below with your thoughts and maybe your topic will be covered in the next episode!
- Sean "Muay Thai Guy" Fagan owns & operates the largest online Muay Thai community and the #1 training resource for nak muay of all levels.