Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 87
Eric Rivera has been involved in the Muay Thai scene in one way or another since before I ever even knew what Muay Thai was.
With his new podcast and website, The Striking Corner (formerly known as Muay Thai is Life), Eric does an amazing job interviewing some of the biggest names and influential people in the sport today. This time around, I get a chance to interview Eric for a change to talk about how he got involved in Muay Thai plus a whole range of topics including:
- How after training in numerous other martial arts, Muay Thai stood out above all the rest.
- What the Muay Thai and kickboxing scene was like in the US when he first started in the sport.
- How he ended up on the Anthony Bourdain travel show where he went to Thailand to learn Muay Thai.
- The whole idea behind the Muay Thai is Life brand and website and how he’s transitioned to The Striking Corner.
- What his goals and plans are for The Striking Corner.
- His thoughts on why Muay Thai/Kickboxing hasn’t reached the popularity of the UFC and the factors holding it back.
- How important it is for fans and practitioners of the sport to support the promotions, media and fighters involved in helping the sport grow.
- Why it’s so difficult as a promoter, fighter and media source, to make enough money to pay the bills.
- Our thoughts on the upcoming Lion Fight 23 card in Vegas.
- A discussion about the marketing tactics Glory has used and why we think they should’ve done a few things differently.
- Why we aren’t too excited about the Holzken vs. Daniels fight but why we understand why it’s the right fight to make.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 087: The State of Muay Thai and Kickboxing with Eric Rivera
Make sure to follow The Striking Corner…
Website – www.StrikingCorner.com
Facebook – The Striking Corner
Twitter – @strikingcorner
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!