Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode #53
One of the most overlooked aspects of Muay Thai and combat sports in general is the mental side of it all. Trainers and coaches preach sayings like “it’s 10% physical and 90% mental” but neglect to set aside any time to work on the mental aspect of their specific sport.
In this episode, Gene from FlowAthletics.com and I go over the importance of taking time to mentally prepare for not just competition, but for training as well and how to maximize your training. We discuss a number of topics ranging from:
- Why mental training should be something everyone trains, whether they compete or not.
- How Gene prepares his athletes for training and competition.
- What types of mental training exercises you can do to prepare yourself for training or for a fight.
- The importance of finding your ideal state of mind to get the most out of your training.
- How quality training with complete focus will benefit you 100x more than just going through the motions of training.
- How Gene’s anxiety completely debilitated him from competing at the level he knew you could and how that led him to creating his supplement “Flow”.
- Why he puts so much research and development into creating “Flow” and how he makes sure it’s as natural and holistic as possible.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 053: Mental Training and Finding Your Flow with Gene Kobilansky
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page