The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 55
We all know the basic levels of Muay Thai. You start as a beginner, work your way to a more intermediate skill level, and then progress to the advanced stages.
Once you solidify your skills and have the urge to test what you’ve been learning in the ring, the next step is competing as an amateur. After dozens of amateur fights, the next still is becoming a professional fighter.
And the “last” level? That’s when you become a professional champion. But are there levels even above pro champion? You bet your ass there is.
In this weeks podcast, Paul and I discuss the different number of levels there are in Muay Thai, including topics like:
- How Saenchai has reached the highest level in the sport today.
- How fighters like Saenchai can make other champion fighters look like complete amateurs.
- Why we feel timing and distancing is what separates the good fighters from the great ones.
- The amount of motivation needed to reach and, more importantly, stay at the highest level.
- How the higher level you reach, the more critics you get along the way.
- Why once you reach the top, you have a target on your back that up and coming fighters are aiming for.
- Breaking down Saenchai vs. Ognjen Topics fight on Yokkao 22.
- The “Game of Styles” and how styles make fights.
- How sparring vs. fighting differs greatly (and the main differences between the two)
- And much, much more
We go over these topics in much more depth in this weeks podcast, so be sure to give it a listen!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher