The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 69
A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.
We all think of champions as fighters who step in the ring, fight their heart out, and come away with a championship belt around the waist. Well, former WKA champion Chris Romulo is a champion in that sense AND a champion in the sense of overcoming many of lives obstacles that were thrown his way.
For those of you who don’t know Chris or “CROM”, he’s been a major part of the NY Muay Thai community for decades and continues to have a positive influence on all those who surround him. Not only has he overcome multiple injuries to win a professional title, he also faced and conquered even more challenges when Hurricane Sandy hit his home town of Rockaway Beach back in 2012.
In this podcast, we talk about Chris’ life story and his new book “Champions Uprising” which will be released on Amazon tomorrow (May 15th). Some of the topics which are covered are:
- The struggles of growing up surrounded by a bad crowd and how a street fight almost ended his life.
- How Muay Thai changed his life’s direction and the lessons learned throughout his fight career.
- What gave him the idea to write a book and his insights on difficult it was to relive some of his tough past experiences.
- What “Physical Culture” is and why he’s a big believer in living an active, healthy lifestyle.
- How Hurricane Sandy destroyed his gym and his home and almost “KO’ed” his will to continue his training and teachin Muay Thai.
- And much, much more!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher